Patient Family Advisory Council
The Patient Family Advisory Council at Saint Joseph Hospital is made up of patients, family members, community members and hospital staff who work together to share ideas, suggestions and recommendations for improving processes at the hospital and helping with development and design of our new hospital.
Our purpose is to strengthen collaboration between patients, family members and the health care team to enhance our ability to provide superior service. The result will be outstanding patient experiences while delivering the highest standard of safe, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare.
Joining the Patient Family Advisory Council
We are seeking individuals who represent a cross-section of our community and who have chosen Saint Joseph Hospital for their healthcare needs; as patients in the hospital, as outpatients using the services within the hospital, or both. Family members are equally welcome as they offer another important perspective. Interested community members are also considered. If you have questions, please contact the Resource Service Center at Saint Joseph Hospital at 303-812-3456 and mention the Patient Family Advisory Council.
Benefits of Serving on the Patient Family Advisory Council
Patient Family Advisory Council members find that their service provides numerous benefits, such as:
- Helping others by sharing your ideas and experiences, which in turn helps us learn and improve the way we communicate and deliver personal care.
- Influencing the direction of activities, services, and policies at the hospital such as new hospital design, finding your way around the hospital and patient communication. Your opinion matters. You can help shape how services or policies unfold, and share your input as we build our new hospital.
- Learning more about programs that may benefit you or your family members and helping other families find and use helpful services and programs.
- Making a difference. This is your opportunity to create positive change in the lives of individuals and their families. Sharing your thoughts and your experiences with the hospital can help ensure that the decisions made by the organization are informed ones.
- Serving on the counsel can broaden your network and contacts, and build your experience.
The Council normally meets once a month for approximately two hours in the evening. Additional work may be required between meetings. We ask Advisory Council members to make a one to two-year commitment and to attend at least 75% of the meetings. This is a great opportunity to make an investment in your family, your community and in yourself.
Application and Next Steps
If you are interested in becoming a member, complete the PDF form and return it to Saint Joseph Hospital, Attention: Service Excellence Department. Applications will be reviewed, and candidates will be selected to come in for an interview. We welcome your interest and look forward to the good work of this council.