Libraries & Knowledge Services
Two Libraries and one Archival depository are within Saint Joseph Hospital.
The Clinical Research Library is a quiet place to read, study and consult with the library staff. Services are provided for affiliated users, including medical staff, residents, and associates, as well as Kaiser Permanente, National Jewish Health and SCL Health associates.
Library services include:
- Expert literature searches performed by experienced Clinical Research Librarians
- Up-to-date online resources of medical, nursing, and management books and journals.
- Online resources include DynaMed, Ovid, StatRef, UpToDate, and many others
- Check out privileges to print resources (registration must be completed prior to checking out materials for the first time)
- Interlibrary loan services
- Health literacy services provided by the Consumer Health Librarian
- Access to the historic archives
- One-on-one or group training
- Small conference room use
The Gervasini Health Library is open to the public and all services are provided free of charge. The Library provides medical literature and medical information specifically for patients and their family members.
The Archives Depository maintains a historical collection of Saint Joseph Hospital and the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth in Denver. Due to preservation concerns, staff retrieval provides access to materials. Archival requests are made through the main library telephone number.
The Clinical Research Library is located on the third floor of the new Saint Joseph Hospital.
- The Gervasini Health Library is located on the first floor of the hospital.
- The Clinical Research Library, Gervasini Health Library, and Archives Depository are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Multimedia services are available Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- General Information: 303-812-3625
- Library Manager: 303-812-3628
- Multimedia Services: 303-812-3631
- Production and editing services for hospital related presentations.
- Videotape various lectures/meetings/seminars for medical staff
- Monitor meetings, and assist with the A/V when needed
- Edit video footage to create cleaner presentations
- Create digital transfers from VHS tapes
- Transfer finished copies to any media format
- Set-up video-conference equipment for SCL Helath video-conferences
- Deliver and set-up A/V equipment that has been requested for a variety of meetings
- Educate staff on the proper operation of A/V equipment used
- Audio restoration
- Sound engineering
A/V Equipment Requests
- LCD (computer) projectors
- Laptop computers for PowerPoint presentations
- Internet connections for most meeting rooms
- Video-conference system
- PolyCom Audio conference phone systems
- VHS/DVD players with monitors
- Overhead transparency projectors
- Microscope projector
- Cabled handheld or lapel microphones
- Wireless handheld or lapel microphones
Call 303-812-3631 for more information.