Certified Nurse-Midwives in Denver
Saint Joseph Hospital's certified nurse-midwives offer personalized care, outstanding outcomes, and a wide range of pregnancy care and birth options for expecting families.
Having your baby delivered by a certified nurse-midwife at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver involves more than just the delivery. A nurse-midwife is there to support and care for mothers, their partners and families from the early stages of pregnancy, through labor and delivery and into the first phase of post-partum care. Our certified nurse-midwife clinic provides a "customized birth plan" and supports a mother's choices when it comes to childbirth.
Our philosophy of care focuses on education and support that empowers women. Nurse-midwives do not make decisions for women but are there to provide the right support and information so mothers can make their own informed choices about the care they receive before, during and after pregnancy and labor.
For more information about Certified Nurse-Midwives at Saint Joseph Hospital or to schedule an appointment, call 303-318-BABY (2229).
Saint Joseph Hospital and our community partners provide a full range of prenatal care and delivery services, including:
Complete prenatal, delivery and postpartum services including vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC) services
- Emotional, physical and spiritual support for mom and baby
- 24-hour on-site access to board certified physicians in obstetrics and gynecology who support the midwifery model of care
- Dedicated physician consultants in other specialty areas, including maternal-fetal medicine (high-risk OB)
- Acceptance of new patients at any time, regardless of how far along you are in your pregnancy
- Ultrasound services
- Centering Pregnancy™ groups
- Referrals to community resources
- Free pregnancy tests
- Spanish speaking nurse-midwives
- All the amenities and experience of Saint Joseph Hospital - Colorado’s top baby hospital
All of the nurse-midwives at Saint Joseph Hospital hold Master's degrees in nursing and a special certification in nurse-midwifery. While we independently manage the care of our healthy patients, we have 24-hour access to board certified physicians in obstetrics and gynecology. Unless serious complications arise, a woman can expect to have all her prenatal and postnatal care needs met by our team of nurse-midwives.
Saint Joseph Hospital's nurse-midwives practice accepts most insurance plans, Medicaid and CHP+. A sliding fee scale is also available for self-pay patients.
Saint Joseph Hospital's certified nurse-midwives have two convenient clinic locations.
- Uptown Office
1960 Ogden Street, Suite 320
Denver, CO 80218
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Stapleton Office
2823 Roslyn Street
Denver, CO 80238
Wednesday: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.