Emergency Care in Denver
When a medical emergency or unexpected illness occurs, the emergency care providers at Saint Joseph Hospital are here to help with round-the-clock emergency care for individuals and families throughout Denver. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our team of board certified emergency physicians, nurses and technicians offer full-service emergency room care for everything from a child's late night fever to a life-threatening heart attack or stroke.
As a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center and a certified Primary Stroke Center, the ER at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver offers:
- 24-hour emergency care available 365 days a year
- Board certified physicians and emergency trained nurses
- Dedicated medical imaging and diagnostic services
- Customized care for patients ages 65 and older delivered through a devoted Senior ER
Patients who are age 65 or older often have different and more complex medical needs than a typical ER is used to handling. For this reason, Saint Joseph Hospital has created a dedicated Senior ER to better serve the unique medical needs of Denver's growing senior population.
Using variety of senior-specific screenings, tests and protocols, our Senior ER has been able to reduce the risk of harmful drug interactions, lower readmission rates and allow more Denver seniors to live longer and more independently following a medical emergency.
In addition to specialized care, the Senior ER at Saint Joseph Hospital is also staffed by physicians and nurses who have been specially trained to communicate with seniors and caregivers by going through sensory appreciation workshops and other courses designed to enhance geriatric care.
The Senior ER at Saint Joseph Hospital features:
- Thicker, pressure-reducing mattresses
- Recliners for patients requiring upright positions
- Hearing and visual aids
- Non-skid flooring to reduce the risk of falls
- A quiet environment
- Assistive devices for mobility
- Softer room lighting with large digital clocks
In a medical emergency, always call 911.