Weight Loss Surgery Center
The Weight Loss Surgery Center at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver specializes in bariatric surgery and other surgical weight loss solutions for those who have exhausted other weight loss options. Accredited as a Comprehensive Center for bariatric surgery by the American College of Surgeons in partnership with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, the Weight Loss Surgery Center at Saint Joseph Hospital partners with patients to help them achieve their weight loss goals and attain healthier, happier and more active lives.
Comprehensive Weight Loss Services and Offerings
The Weight Loss Surgery Center is specialized program that accommodates all patient treatment needs. Some of the service benefits and offerings provided by the Weight Loss Surgery Center at Saint Joseph Hospital include:
- A direct admission process that streamlines treatment and reduces stress.
- Experienced patient coordinators who provide support through payment, insurance and registration options.
- Registered Nurses that specialize in bariatric medicine who support and educate patients through admission, surgical and the post-operative process.
- Board certified weight loss surgeons, including Medical Director Dr. Frank H. Chae, who complete more than 500 surgeries each year.
- Nutritional and psychiatric support that spans the entire Denver Metro area.
- Easy payment options include coverage with most insurance plans, zero-interest payment plans, as well as discounts for self-pay and SCL Health associates.
For more information about the Weight Loss Surgery Center at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver, call 303-318-3240.
Saint Joseph Hospital’s Weight Loss Surgery Center offers three types of surgical weight loss options, which include:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Roux-en-Y gastirc bypass surgery restricts food intake and decreases how food is absorbed by creating a small stomach pouch and bypassing the flow of food around the rest of the stomach to the small intestine.
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (also called Sleeve Gastrectomy, Vertical Gastrectomy, or Gastric Reduction) decreases stomach movement so that food intake is restricted.
- Adjustable Gastric Banding
Adjustable Gastric Banding reduces food intake by placing a band around the top of the stomach, then tightening and loosening the stomach opening as needed.
Because bariatric weight loss surgery is used only when other weight loss options have not worked, patients must meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify for weight loss surgery. Weight loss surgery is considered for:
- Adults with 40+ BMI
- Adults with 35+ BMI with co-morbidities
- Patients that can show dietary weight control attempts have been ineffective